You have no items in your shopping cart.
2 CIM Ball Shifter Reduction Stages
High Gear Stage: 44:40
Low Gear Stage: 60:24
Optional 3rd Stage: 60:24
Optional 3rd Stage: 64:20
2 CIM Ball Shifter Overall Reductions & Spread
|Gearbox||Overall High Gear Reduction||Overall Low Gear Reduction||Spread||2-Stage||3.667:1||8.333:1||2.27x|
The 2.27x spread between low and high gears in the VEXpro 2 CIM Ball Shifter was specifically chosen to serve the needs of FRC designers. When designing an FRC drivetrain, teams typically try to ensure that the robot low-gear can survive a continuous pushing match (with high traction wheels) without tripping breakers. They then choose a high-gear which is "fast" enough to zip around the field, without being uncontrollable or accelerating too slowly. After doing detailed market research, we learned that many teams have found themselves frustrated and limited by the typical spreads found in some of the "off the shelf" shifters on the market. When their low-gear is at the right speed, the high-gear is too fast, or when their high-gear is in the right spot their low-gear is too slow. Not anymore; this shifter is right where FRC robots need it to be.
2 CIM Ball Shifter Parts & Optional Accessories
Some of these parts and kits are included with Ball Shifters, check the Kit Contents list below for details.
- Ball Shifter Long Output Shaft Assembly with 60t and 44t Ball Shifter Gears (included with 2-Stage)
- Ball Shifter Long Output Shaft (no gears)
- Ball Shifter Short Output Shaft Assembly with 60t and 44t Ball Shifter Gears (included with 3-Stage)
- Ball Shifter Short Output Shaft (no gears)
- Ball Shifter Hardware Kit (included with 2- & 3-Stage)
- Ball Shifter Encoder Hardware Kit (included with 2- & 3-Stage)
- Ball Shifter Housing (included with 2- & 3-Stage)
- Ball Shifter Pneumatic Hardware Kit (included with 2- & 3-Stage)
- Ball Shifter Pneumatic Fitting Kit (not included)
- Ball Shifter Ball Kit (included with Long and Short Shaft Assemblies)
Encoder Output Details
Encoder output spins at 3x the speed of the 2 CIM Ball Shifter output shaft. The gear ratio is 36:12 between the encoder and shaft.