ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.x allows users to program both the VEX EDR and the VEX IQ robotics platforms. ROBOTC users learn key skills that easily transition to the real world, industry standard C-Programming languages used by professional engineers and computer scientists.
Robot programming software options are available with VEX kits and bundles at no extra charge! Log in to your www.vexrobotics.com account for more details and to choose your software.
ROBOTC has a similar look and feel as the programming environments used in the computer science industries, but also includes many useful tools that help beginner programmers to get up and running as quickly as possible:
- All new Graphical Natural Language editor to easily program VEX IQ and VEX EDR robots.
- Graphical Natural Language mode allows beginners to use simplified commands such as “Forward”, “LineTrack”, and “Repeat” loops.
- The easy to use ROBOTC editor includes smart code indenting, automatic code completion, code formatting, and other tools to make programming even easier
- Program robots using industry standard C-programming
- ROBOTC’s real-time debugger allows users to run code line-by-line and monitor values on sensors, motors, and encoders in real time..
- Over 200 included documented Sample Programs with extensive documentation, enabling students to immediately begin programming.
- Free web-based curriculum available for VEX EDR and VEX IQ provided by Robomatter.
- Online and Onsite Professional Development, free online webinars, and web-based curriculum provided by Carnegie Mellon’s Robotics Academy (more details)
More information about ROBOTC for VEX Robotics can be found in this document by Robomatter, Inc (PDF).