The object of the game is to attain a higher score than your opponent's alliance by moving as many balls as possible onto their side of the field and by "locking up" small balls in the triangular goals.
A bonus is awarded to the alliance that has the most total points at the end of the Autonomous Period.
There are a total of fifty (50) small balls, twenty-one (21) medium balls and two (2) large balls available as scoring objects in the game.
The field is divided down the center by an 11.5" tall lexan wall. This wall separates the two alliances of two robots onto opposite sides of the field. Each robot (no larger than 18"x18"x18" to start) begins a match on their side of the field touching the wall furthest from the center wall. There are four 18" high triangular goals attached to the wall which robots can place small balls into. There are two slots in the wall which robots can pass small balls through.
At the start of the match small & medium balls are positioned on the center wall, and around the field. Each alliance will have one large ball which must be introduced to the match with less than thirty seconds remaining.
VEX Clean Sweep Action VEX Clean Sweep Points Each Small Ball Scored 1 point Each Small Ball Locked Up 3 points Each Medium Ball Scored 5 points Each Large Ball Scored 10 points Autonomous Period Bonus 5 points
VEX Clean Sweep Documents
- VEX Clean Sweep Game Description and Scoring
- VEX Clean Sweep Manual
- VEX Clean Sweep Manual (Chinese)
- VEX Clean Sweep Manual (Spanish)
- VEX Clean Sweep Wall CAD Assembly (STEP)
- VEX Clean Sweep - Appendix A (Field Drawings, Specifications, & BOM)
- VEX Clean Sweep - Appendix B (Robot Skills Challenge)
- VEX Clean Sweep - Appendix C (Programming Skills Challenge)
- VEX Clean Sweep -Appendix D (Inspection Guidelines)
- VEX Clean Sweep - Appendix E (awards)
- VEX Clean Sweep - Appendix F (College Challenge)
- VEX Clean Sweep - Appendix G (75MHz Crystal Radio Rules & Guidelines)
- Official VRC Q&A Forum
- VRC logo (jpg)
- VRC logo (ai)
- VRC logo (pdf)
- File:Cleansweep Design.pdf