Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox
The Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox achieves versatility through its simplicity. This gearbox uses four bolts to clamp onto a piece of 1" x 2" VersaFrame tube - no precision machining needed. Once mounted, it mounts a CIM-style motor offset from a bearing block on a perfect 84-tooth gear spacing. Use this efficient setup to drive an upper mechanism with ease, or combine multiple gearboxes to create a smooth-running, lightweight VersaChassis.
- Simple design for quick assembly and maintenance
- Variety of gearing options
- Combines with the Plastic Bearing Block for a second stage reduction
The Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox naturally pairs with a Plastic Clamping Bearing Block or VersaBlock to establish a standard drivetrain gear reduction (see the Bearing Block Spacing drawing for details). For those who wish to use a 6" wheel, VEXpro HTD belts & pulleys can be used to achieve the same result. Download the STEP file for this Application Example here.
This chart explains the gearing options for the Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox paired with the Plastic Clamping Bearing Block. Refer to the Clamping Gearbox / Plastic Bearing Block drawing for detailed gear spacing.
|Plastic Bearing Block
Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox (217-4156)
- (1) Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox - Front
- (1) Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox - Back
- (4) #10-32 Jam Nut Nylock
- (4) #10-32 X 1.375" Socket Head Bolt
- Glass Filled Nylon
- 0.25 lbs