The Victor 883 Motor Controller, revolutionary for its time, was the first product ever designed by Innovation First. Nearly twenty years later, the Victor SPX is the fifth generation of motor controllers designed for the FIRST® Robotics Competition. Designed in collaboration with CTR Electronics, the Victor SPX is 10% smaller and 25% lighter than the Victor SP, making it the smallest and lightest motor controller in FIRST Robotics Competition history.
In addition to PWM, this next generation of Victor now supports CAN. The Victor SPX also brings over many of the features from the Talon, including voltage control and closed loop position control.
Each Victor SPX comes with male and female 0.1" servo connectors on the ends of the CAN wires, making it easier for FIRST Robotics Competition teams to connect their Victor SPX to the CAN bus network that is already on their robot. Teams that aren't ready to make the jump to CAN bus can use these connectors to connect to the PWM outputs of the roboRIO (female connector) and the VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller (male connector).
Other features include:
- Follow mode - allows Victors and Talons to follow each other
- Programmable deadband - set the deadband of your Victor SPX from 25% down to 0.1%, the lowest deadband of any FIRST® Robotics Competition motor controller in the market.
- Closed Loop position control using CAN based sensors such as the Pigeon IMU.
- (1) Victor SPX Motor Controller (Power, Ground, Output, CAN and PWM cables come pre-attached)
- Lightweight plastic housing with black anodized heat sink
- Victor SPX without wires - .12 lbs
- Wire weight - .07 lbs
- Victor SPX with wires - .19 lbs
- Power brushed DC motors with variable speed forward, reverse, or off
- CANNOT be used with Brushless motors