Linear Motion Kit
The Linear Motion Kit provides a method for VEX builders to create linear mechanisms. Utilize the low friction slide rails for your own mechanisms or combine them with included Rack Brackets and VEX Rack Gears (not included) to build direct driven linear actuators. Each of the plastic slide trucks has self-tapping holes for VEX 8-32 screws which allows for easy assembly.
- The rails have holes on 0.500" increments.
- Two rail lengths included - 12" and 17.5"
- Use with VEX 8-32 hardware (not included)
- Additional Truck Kit contains (16) spare plastic trucks
- (2) 12" Long Linear Slide Track
- (2) 17.5" Long Linear Slide Track
- (2) Rack Gearbox Bracket
- (4) Inner Acetal Slide Truck
- (4) Outer Acetal Slide Truck
- Cold Rolled Steel per ASTM A-1008 CS Type B (approx 40ksi tensile strength)
- 12" Rail: 0.21 lbs (95.3 grams)
- 17" Rail: 0.30 lbs (136 grams)
- Rack Bracket: 0.11 lbs (49.9 grams)
- Inner Slide Truck: 0.02 lbs (9.07 grams)
- Outer Slide Truck: 0.02 lbs (9.07 grams)
(actual weight of one item with no packaging)