You may also be interested in the following product(s)
The VEX Competition Field Perimeter is designed to provide a relatively low-cost high durability, modular field perimeter for use at a competition tournament. It consists of 12 modular panels, which once assembled can easily be stored or transported. These panels will not need to be disassembled, and are designed with locking hardware for long- term durability.
For assembly, these panels come with two types of gussets, one for joining two panels together linearly, and one for joining panels at a corner. These gussets come with built in lance and-slot features for easy alignment during assembly. All the assembly screws utilize pre-installed PEM Nuts, which greatly eases the assembly process. These screws are then easy to remove for field- breakdown and transport.
In some cases, a rigid perimeter wall isn’t important. Many robotics competitions can be held with a simple perimeter of tape laid out on the floor. However, there are some times when a full perimeter is desired. The following instructions will outline a lower-cost method of building a perimeter from PVC Pipe, and hardboard paneling which mimics the functionality of the VEX Competition Field Perimeter.
Free plans are available to build a Low Cost Alternative Field for around $100.
This kit now includes the Competition Field Corner Bracket (4-pack). These brackets replace the "top or bottom" plates that joined the corners of the field perimeter together. The Competition Field Corner Brackets MUST be used in conjunction with one Corner Gusset on either the top or bottom of the field wall. New build instructions are located here for this update.
- Kit Contents
- (24) Sheet-Metal Horizontal Field Component
- (24) Sheet-Metal Vertical Field Component
- (12) Clear Lexan Wall Panel - 8" x 46" x 1/8"
- (16) Sheet-Metal Wall Assembly Gusset
- (4) Sheet-Metal Corner Assembly Gusset
- (4) Competition Field Corner Bracket
- (20) Field Perimeter Rubber Feet
- (2) Sheet-Metal Driver Station Post
- (2) Sheet-Metal Driver Station Attachment Bracket
- (2) Sheet-Metal Driver Station Base Plate
- (118) 1/4-20 x 1/2" Long Button Head Hex Screw
- (52) 1/4-20 Nylock Nut
- (8) 10-32 x 1/2" Long Flat Head Phillips Screw
- (8) 10-32 Nylock Nut
- Docs & Downloads
- VEX Field Perimeter Specs & Assembly Instructions - Summer 2015 Update
- CAD File