You may also be interested in the following product(s)
The Controller is at the center of what makes VEX IQ robots fun to build and easy to use. VEX IQ allows you to build a robot and drive it immediately, giving instant success and testing the robot. Every kid already knows how to control a VEX IQ robot from playing video games. We bring that control to robots with a custom Controller made specifically for kids hands. The two analog joysticks give fine control for accurately driving and turning a robot, or raising an arm with precise control. Eight buttons provide additional robot control for closing a claw, or activating a mechanism.
At the heart of this controller is a Texas Instruments MSP430 microcontroller that reads the users inputs and transmits them wirelessly or thru the Tether port. It does all this while using very little power thanks to the Texas Instruments 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz radios. Additional power saving is achieved by automatically turning the Controller off when the robot is turned off, and vice versa. The result is 50+ hours of battery life. A built in charger recharges the Controller through its USB connector. Plug it into any USB wall adapter or PC. Additionally, when the Controller is tethered to the robot, it automatically charges the Controller. A complete recharge only takes 2.5 hours. All this technology works together to make a Controller that is simple, flexible, and powerful.
If your robot "drifts" or moves even when the joysticks are centered, your VEX IQ Controller may not be properly calibrated.
1) Connect the Controller to a Robot Brain using a Tether Cable.
2) Turn on the Robot Brain and the Controller.
3) Press the (X) button on the Robot Brain.
4) Select "Calibrate Controller".
5) Rotate thumb-sticks 360°.
6) Press (✓) to save.
For help calibrating the controller, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-453-0802.
- Kit Contents
- (1) VEX IQ Controller
- Docs & Downloads
- 0.34 lbs (with Radio and Battery installed)
- 5.78" wide x 4.25" depth x 2.20" tall
- I/O Ports
- (1) Tether Port for wired communication to the Robot Brain
- (1) USB Port (this is for charging only)
- (1) Radio Port
- Compatible with the 900 MHz Radio
- Compatible with the 2.4 GHz Radio
- Compatible with the Smart Radio