Official VEX Robotics "Teacher Appreciation Facebook Giveaway" Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOT (AT ALL) SPONSORED BY, RUN BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. THE CONTESTANT (“YOU”) UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING INFORMATION TO VEX ROBOTICS AND NOT TO FACEBOOK. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY YOU AGREE TO A COMPLETE RELEASE OF FACEBOOK FROM ANY CLAIMS.
1. Eligibility: Giveaway is open to teachers of grades PreK–12 who are current legal residents of the 50 United States (and Washington DC) age 18 or older and as of the time of entry teach in a public, accredited private or home school in the 50 United States and D.C., except employees, officers, and directors of VEX Robotics, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and the Contestant represents and warrants that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, the Contestant agrees to accept the decisions of VEX Robotic] as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 6:00 PM CT on May 5, 2020 and ending at 3:00 PM CT on May 13, 2020. All online entries must be received by 3:00 PM CT on May 13, 2020.
4. How to Enter: The Giveaway must be entered by commenting on the VEX Robotics Giveaway post that mentions the grade the Contestant teaches along with an explanation on how VEX Robotics has made an impact in their classroom. The entry must fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize as defined in Section 6 below. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of VEX Robotics.
Contestant may enter only once. Contestant must provide a valid and unexpired proof of employment as an educator. Contestant may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If Contestant uses fraudulent methods or otherwise attempts to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of VEX Robotics.
5. Prizes: Two (2) winner(s) of the Giveaway (the “Winner”) will receive (1) gift certificate to the VEX Robotics online store (https://www.vexrobotics.com/) valued at $500.00 (“Prize”), and valid only for use in the purchase of VEX Robotics products.
The Prize is nontransferable. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for VEX Robotics to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
All entries will become the property of VEX Robotics and will not be returned. By entering, Contestant s agrees to abide by these rules and warrant and represent that their entry information is accurate. By entering this Giveaway, Winner and all entrants agree that VEX Robotics, VEX related entities and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this Giveaway and they will be held harmless against any claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prizes or participation in the Giveaway.
VEX Robotics and VEX related entities shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages or entries; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway.
6. Odds: Winner will be randomly selected.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Two (2) winners will be selected by random drawing on or around May 13, 2020. The winners will be notified by through private direct message on Facebook.
If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize within 10 days from the time award notification is sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the Prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the Prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at VEX Robotics sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You/Contestant understands and agrees that VEX Robotics, and anyone acting on behalf of VEX Robotics, and VEX Robotics licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: VEX Robotics reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond VEX Robotics control (“intervening cause”) corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, VEX Robotics may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) such intervening cause. VEX Robotics reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
VEX Robotics has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void submissions for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, VEX Robotics reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless VEX Robotics and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF STATE OF TEXAS WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Giveaway is VEX Robotics.