Omni-Directional wheels roll forward like normal wheels, but slide sideways with almost no friction (no skidding during turns). Use these wheels to make your robot turn smoothly or build a holonomic drivetrain.
VEXpro Omni-Directional Wheels are manufactured from Glass-filled Nylon with high-traction rubber rollers. Compatible with VEXpro VersaHubs for driving with a sprocket or can be used with bearings for use on an axle.
For the 2019 FTC / FRC season, we redesigned the 4” Omni-Directional Wheel to have a similar construction style to our 3.25” Omni-Directional Wheel. We decreased the number of rollers, to reinforce the body and improve the strength during sideways impacts. Don’t worry, it’s only a little wider than the current 4” Omni-Directional Wheel, and should still fit anywhere you were currently using a 4” wheel before.
Ships fully assembled. The 3.25" Omni-Directional Wheel (217-4775) only has a center bore, and does not include mounting holes for sprocket, gear, or hub attachment.
These Omni-Directional wheels were designed from the ground up to give the smoothest ride possible. Our construction method, using a dual roller design, allows for a constant contact patch with a narrow profile. Each roller is tailored for the individual wheel diameter, and provides the correct, constant radius. We don't share rollers between wheel types -- these wheels aren't "almost round" they're actually round. This smooth-ride provides higher efficiency and reduces wasted power!
Omni-Directional wheel assembly hardware is separate from sprocket mounting hardware. Sprockets are screwed into captive 8-32 standoffs. This allows for easy removal and replacement of sprockets without disassembling the entire wheel. No more worrying about your whole wheel falling apart just because you wanted to remove the sprocket.
Mounting Hardware Guide
- Mounting (1) Keyed or Hex VersaHub - 1/4" or 3/8" long screw
- Mounting (1) Plate Sprocket and (1) Sprocket VersaHub - 1" or 1.25" long screw
- Mounting (2) Plate Sprockets and (2) Sprocket Versahubs - 1.5" or 1.75" long screw
- Glass-filled Nylon
- 3.25" - 90 Shore TPR Rubber
- 4", 6" & 8" - b70 Shore TPR Rubber
- 3.25 Omni-Directional Wheel (217-4775)" - 0.39 lbs
- 4" Omni-Directional Wheel v2 (217-6194) - 0.52 lbs
- 6" Omni-Directional Wheel (217-2585) - 0.94 lbs
- 6" Omni-Directional Wheel v2 (217-6200) - 0.89 lbs
- 8" Omni-Directional Wheel (217-2613)- 1.35 lbs
- Mounting Holes: (6) 8-32 threaded mounting holes (into captive standoffs) on a 1.875" bolt circle
- Bearing Hole: 1.125" OD Bearing Hole
- Bearing Retainers: (3) 0.130" holes (designed to self-tap with a #8 screw) on a 1.4" bolt circle
- Load Rating: Conservatively rated for use on 200 lb robots
- Coefficient of Fricion: 1.1
Click the button next to a file to view it in your browser.