Gadgeteer Pigeon IMU
The Pigeon, by Cross the Road Electronics, is an IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) designed with FIRST® Robotics Competition teams in mind. This lightweight device has 9 degrees of freedom, and contains an accelerometer, a gyro, and a 3-axis magnetometer. It can be connected to the Gadgeteer Port on the Talon SRX or HERO for power, or it can be wired to the CAN bus while powered from a separate 12V source. Use it during autonomous as an easy way to measure direction or acceleration in a direction!
- 9 Degrees of freedom (3 Axis accelerator, 3 Axis Gyroscope, 3 Axis Magnetometer).
- Full AHRS (Attitude and heading reference system): Yaw, Pitch, and Roll.
- Gyro automatically re-biased after eight seconds of no-motion.
- Optional Temperature Compensation for further reduced gyro drift and accelerometer error.
- Boot Time: ~ 5 seconds
- Optional Compass fusing for zero heading drift.
- Data connection can be CAN bus, or Gadgeteer-data-cabled to Talon SRX (UART).
- Connection strategy allows for multiple IMUs (multiple arm/manipulator servos, drivetrain heading).
- Invensene MPU-9250 MotionTracking™ Device
- Robot heading and Yaw are continuous, ideal for robot heading servos, and motion plotting. No need to modulo divide anything.
- Talon SRX Motor controller and Pigeon have a direct line of communication (allows for advanced future motion profiled features).
- Robot-level API implementation is simple, no exceptions and few error conditions to service.
- Reverse Battery Protection
- (1) Pigeon IMU Board
- (1) 4" Gadgeteer Cable
- (4) Rubber Grommets
- 1.5” x 1.5” x 0.25"
- .02 lbs
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 12V
- Min / Max Voltage: 5.5 – 28V
- Max Current: 50mA