Open-Source, Sanitization Safe, Reusable Face-Shields… made possible by the robotics community.
RobotShields are reusable medical face shields designed by members of the VEX Robotics and FIRST® Robotics community. Innovation First International and VEX Robotics are proud to answer the community’s call for manufacturers and will mass-produce this open-source design.
Reusability is going to become more and more important the longer the COVID-19 crisis continues. While there are many single-use face shields currently available, material for manufacturing of these shields is becoming hard to find. The RobotShield can be cleaned for reuse through many conventional methods, including sanitization in a hospital autoclave.
This collaboration between robotics teams, open-source designers, vendors, and manufacturers would not be possible without the connections made through the competition robotics community.
- Shield provides Full-Face Coverage
- Allows for ample movement of head & neck
- Hood provides coverage from particles entering the top of the mask
- Multi-Positional Shield, made to be compatible with a range of other PPE Products
- Adjustable Elastic Strap to fit a range of head sizes
- AutoClave compatible (without Rubber Band) for Sterilization