Out of stock
The VersaPlanetary base options have been updated for the 2017 season. Information on the updates can be found near the bottom of this page.
Modular planetary gearbox system designed to give teams the versatility they need to create almost any gear ratio they need. The easiest way to put power where you need it in your design.
- Compatible with the AndyMark NeveRest Motor (AM-3104)
- 4 output shaft options make integration easy
- Six different planetary stages provide dozens of gearing options from 3:1 to 100:1
VersaPlanetary Gearboxes ship disassembled. Please grease before assembly.
The VersaPlanetary is a battle-tested modular planetary gearbox system designed specifically for use in the FIRST ® market. Designers choose one of four output shafts, configure a single-stage planetary using one of six different reductions, or build a multi-stage gearbox using any of the different ratio combinations.
All of the VersaPlanetary gearboxes include mounting plates & hardware for typical FIRST ® Robotics Competition motors (550, 775 Series, 9015 size motors, and the VEXpro BAG motor) -- these plates are custom designed for each motor to provide perfect piloting and high efficiency.
Motors can be interfaced with the gearbox using the innovative VersaCoupler, which utilizes a clamping collar design to attach a variety of motors without pressing on a motor pinion. Just find the correct motor mounting plate, mount your motor into place, tighten down one clamping screw, and you're good to go. The VersaCoupler does the rest; innovative industry technology brought to the FIRST ® market.
The VersaPlanetary has a variety of options for mounting. Each gearbox has four 10-32 threaded holes on top and bottom of its housing for easy side mounting. In addition, there are also holes on the front which allow face-mounting. Conveniently, these holes are on a 2" bolt circle; this is the same as the CIM motor - anywhere you can mount a CIM-style motor, you can mount a VersaPlanetary.
- Use with BAG, RS-550, 775 Series and AM-9015 motors
- Interface with the CIM and Mini CIM motors with the VersaPlanetary CIM Adaptor
- Dozens of gear ratios from 3:1 to 100:1
- Dual Motor Input available
- AGMA 11 quality steel gears
The VersaPlanetary v2 assembly is now held together with screws that install on the "back" (motor side) of the housing. This means that the gearbox can be disassembled to change gearsets without removing the gearbox output from the robot. Bosses have been added to the sides of the gearbox so when it is side-mounted you can "crank down" on the mounting screws without accidentally misaligning a ring-gear stage. The v1 & v2 input and output blocks cannot be mixed and matched - A v2 input block must be used with a v2 output block. Ring gears and gear kits are compatible between v1 & v2
The base VersaPlanetary kits now include an optional pilot ring that will allow users to pilot the VersaPlanetary on a 0.75" hole, instead of relying on screw clearances to locate the gearbox. The plastic motor mounting plates now pilot on the input block.
- (1) VersaPlanetary Input Housing
- (1) VersaPlanetary Output Housing with selected output shaft
- (1) Output Shaft
- (1) VersaPlanetary Input Coupler
- (1) VersaPlanetary Motor Mounting Kit
- (1) VersaPlanetary Motor Mounting Plates with Pilot
- (1) Wave Washer .839 ID X 1.08 OD X .012 thick
- (1) Retaining Ring, Metric MSH-15
- (2) Ball Bearing, Double Shielded 15x28x7
- (2) #8-32 x 1.25" Socket Head Cap Screw
VersaPlanetary Gear Kits with Ring Gear
- (1) Selected VersaPlanetary Gear Ratio Kit
- (1) Ring Gear Add-On Slice
- (2) #8-32 x 1.75" Socket Head Cap Screw
VersaPlanetary Dual Motor Input
VersaPlanetary 0-2 Stage Screw Kit [217-5994]
- (2) #8-32 x 1.125" Socket Head Cap Screw
- (2) #8-32 x 1.625" Socket Head Cap Screw
- (2) #8-32 x 2.125" Socket Head Cap Screw
- Gears - Rockwell C 55-62 Case Hardened Steel
- Gearbox Housing - 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Shafts - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Gears - Rockwell C 55-62 Case Hardening
- Gearbox Housing - Black Type II Anodizing
- Shafts - Black Type III, Hard Coat Ano
- Base VersaPlanetary Kit (with Output Shaft) - 0.34 lb
- Gear Kits with Ring Gear - 0.2 lb each
The theoretical weight for your VersaPlanetary can be calculated as follows:
Base Kit + (Number of Stages × Weight of a Stage)
Example VersaPlanetary Weights:
- Single Stage: 0.34 lb + 0.2lb = 0.54 lb
- Two Stage: 0.34 lb + (2 × 0.2 lb) = 0.74 lb