The "STEM problem" is real.
There are not enough students choosing STEM-related paths to meet the growing global demand.
We need to change the way we think about teaching these topics if we want to get more students involved.
Educators need something that is accessible enough for a new user to pick up quickly, engaging enough to keep students excited, and versatile enough to encourage creative thinking. The study of robotics has risen to the top as one of the most effective solutions to this need – and for over ten years, no robotics platform has proven more suitable for classroom use than VEX EDR.
VEX EDR is more than an integrated system of motors, wheels, metal, and sensors that can be used to build or programprogramme robots. It’s an established classroom companion for STEM learning in middle and high school. It’s a tool to help students understand crucial problem-solving concepts. It’s a catalyst to help students discover a passion that could continue to drive them through college, a career, or even the rest of their life.
Ready to get started?
Whether you’re launching a district-wide programprogramme or building your first robot, VEX EDR kit options make it easy to choose what’s right for you.
- Kits available for an individual robot, a full classroom, and everything in between
- Follow step-by-step build instructions to build your first robot, then expand upon it to build whatever you can imagine
- The 6-kit Classroom Bundle includes everything you need to run a competition in your own classroom
Browse VEX EDR Products
Developed for all teachers
VEX classes aren't solely meant to train future engineers. They provide a framework for teaching everything from math and computer science to life skills like teamwork and project management.
- STEM Labs are mapped to local and national education standards
- Hands-on, project based lessons guide students through engaging STEM activities in a modern learning environment
- Building and programming a robot is so much fun, students will learn without even realizing it!
Learn about VEX EDR in Education
STEM comes alive through competition
The world’s largest and fastest-growing educational robotics competition is the perfect opportunity to apply classroom learning in a thrilling environment.
- Teams of students design, build, and code robots each year to play a brand-new game
- Thousands of competition events held annually in all 50 US states and over 40 countries
- Applying basic STEM concepts to a competitive atmosphere increases student engagement and makes lessons feel more “real”