This kit includes pieces specifically recommended by VEX builders to maximizemaximise versatility. Contains over 600 pieces of VEX Structural and Motion Components.
- (1) Steel Chassis 25x25x2
- (14) Steel Plates & Bars
- (6) Steel Angles
- (6) Steel C-Channels
- (12) Steel Gussets
- (25) Gears & Rollers & Clutches
- (70) Collars & Shafts & Bearings
- (66) Standoffs & Spacers
- (408) Screws & Nuts & Washers
Starting at: $24.99
Lighten the total weight of a robot or mechanism while still keeping it strong. VEX aluminum kits contain the same metal components as standard structural kits (C-Channel, Plates, and Bars), at a fraction of the weight for improved robot performance!
- Compatible with all VEX Motion and Structure components.
- Available in bundle kits or in single part multi-packs
Starting at: $18.99
Standard VEX chassis kits include (2) bumpers and (4) rails apiece. The flexibility and variety of design options makes these a great starting point for any mobile robot project.
- Rail mounting locations allow for variable chassis width
- Space between rails is ideal for a protected chain run or gear reduction
- Wheels may be mounted outboard or between the rails for extra support
- "Super" chassis is taller with more vertical mounting locations
- Rails sold separately for additional versatility
Starting at: $8.99
VEX C-channel has holes on 0.500" increments. This structural member’s excellent strength and bending resistance is perfect for building robust robots.
- Multiple sizes available, in two different material types
- Made from cold rolled steel, or 5052-H32 Aluminum
- Each channel is segmented into cuttable 2.5" pieces
Starting at: $14.99
The Chassis Rails are part of the larger VEX Chassis Kits. This rail has holes on 0.500" increments and another row in-between. This part is a versatile angle with one narrow side and one taller side.
- Made from cold rolled steel, 0.046" thick, zinc plated.
- All items are (4) to a package.
Starting at: $4.95
The proverbial glue that holds your robot together. VEX EDR screws come in a multitude of lengths and two standard head sizes, 6-32 and 8-32.
Locking screws have been coated with a thread locker to help keep them locked into place. A locking screw can be installed 10-15 times and still retain a firm lock.
Thumbscrews can be tightened/loosened by hand, speeding up robot assembly, and Shoulder Screws are perfect for pivots with minimal slop. Setscrews are used in Shaft Collars and U-Joints to clamp to a shaft.
There's nothing more frustrating than a stripped screw. With VEX EDR Star Drive Screws, this becomes a thing of the past. These grade 8 screws were designed to withstand a great amount of torque, which allows builders to truly "lock down" their mechanisms.
Note: Screw sizes are available in Hex Drive, or high-torque Star Drive.
Starting at: $2.99
A hardware fastener with a threaded hole. All VEX nuts are 8-32 threads.
- Keps nuts have an external tooth lock washer and are strong while still being removable
- Nylock nuts have an internal nylon lock that makes it perfect for strong, permanent connections
- Hex nuts are non-locking and are great for quick prototyping
Starting at: $2.95
A standoff is used in mechanics and electronics to separate two parts from one another while creating a rigid connection. All VEX Standoffs have 8-32 threads.
- Hex size is 0.250" across the flats.
- Light weight aluminum.
- Various lengths available.
Starting at: $9.99
These gearbox brackets provide support for several options of advanced motion. These parts allow advanced mechanical VEX EDR designers to create new ingenious mechanisms.
- Create Linear Motion with the Rack Gears
- Transfer Motion 90 degrees with Bevel Gears
- Add a Differential to your Drivetrain
- Get a high-reduction with the Worm Gears
- Increase design possibilities for your robots
This VEX Tubing can stretch more than 4 times its length and still spring back to its original shape. VEX Latex Tubing is great for any application on a VEX robot requiring spring loading.
- Sold in two 5' lengths.
- 53A durometer Latex.
- Great for heavy lifting.
Caution: This product contains natural rubber latex which may cause an allergic reaction. In the event of an allergic situation, consult your doctor immediately.
Great for quickly mounting objects. Wrap the Cinch Strap around the object you want mounted, loop it through the buckle, and then back onto itself for a secure hold using VELCRO® brand hook and loop fastener. The buckle allows the user to "cinch" the strap tight around the application.
- Quickly mount an object
- Adjustable and reusable
- Secure holding circumference approximately 4 to 7 inches
Designed to serve as a foundation for a variety of robotics applications. Use them as a base to create a large stationary robotic arm, interlock them to build larger manufacturing systems, or even use them as structural pieces in large-scale robotic applications.
- (2) Base Plates included
- 15-holes wide x 30-holes long
- Made from cold rolled steel, 0.046" thick, zinc plated
A plastic piece with 20 holes sized such that VEX 8-32 screws will self-tap into them. By mounting these bars onto VEX structural metal, you create a series of holes which can be used as nuts without having access to the back side of the plate.
- Can be used in tight places to help with robot assembly.
- Snaps into smaller increments without tools.