Take your VEX EDR robot to the next level with the V5 System Bundle. This bundle includes everything you need to get started with V5, and is engineered to provide the most advanced robotics experience, right at your fingertips.
- Designed to scale from the classroom to the competition field
- Includes all necessary components to get started with the V5 System
- (4) V5 Smart Motors included
- Scalable programming software suite available with VEXcode
Everything starts with the V5 Robot Brain. Students and teachers can now run programs, troubleshoot their robot and get important feedback in real-time. Smart Ports automatically detect the type of connected device and handle motors and sensors interchangeably.
Other features include:
- 4.25” full color touch-screen
- Dashboards provide real-time diagnostics
- 21 Smart Ports
- Eight 3-Wire ports for analog and digital sensors
- Download programs wirelessly
- Programmable with VEX Coding Studio
Control your robot like never before with the cutting-edge V5 Controller. This controller packages two analog joysticks and 12 buttons into a familiar video-game style design. A rechargeable battery ensures enough charge to get you through multiple class periods or a full day of competition.
Other features include:
- LCD Screen for real-time information
- Start and stop programs from the controller
- Programmable haptic feedback
- Competition practice mode - sync up with other robots and run practice matches
- Built-in VEXnet 3.0 radio and Bluetooth®
- Integrated rechargeable battery
The V5 Robot Battery Li-Ion 1100mAh is the next evolution of the VEX EDR NiMh Battery. This Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery is equipped with circuitry and control to allow for higher sustained power and more reliable function. The V5 System as a whole is designed to produce identical motor performance at any battery charge level. This means that the same battery can be used for multiple competition matches or class periods before needing to be recharged. LiFePO4 batteries are proven to offer longer life cycles, and are safer than Lithium Ion batteries.
- Built-in charge indicator lights
- Charge time is approximately one hour Note: Battery power cable and charger not included. (Power cable ships with V5 Robot Brain) Note: Click Here for important information about shipping Li-Ion batteries to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico
Starting at: $9.99
The V5 Smart Motor is more than twice as powerful as the 2-Wire motor 393, and puts an integrated encoder and a motor controller into one compact package. Customize speed and torque with interchangeable gear cartridges.
- Use the built-in encoder to track a robot's rotational position and velocity
- Ships with the standard gear cartridge of 18:1 (200 RPM)
- Cartridges for 36:1 (100 RPM) & 6:1 (600 RPM) are also available
- Compatible with both VEX EDR shaft sizes
Give your driver the chance to see things from the robot's perspective. The Vision Sensor is capable of detecting up to 7 colors at once, including multi-colored objects. Connect a phone or tablet to the V5 Robot Brain through built-in WiFi to stream a live feed of your robot's view to your device.Other features include:
- Tracks up to seven individual colors at once
- Analyze objects for advanced tracking and path planning
- Built-in Wi-Fi radio
- Compatible with VEX IQ (coming soon)
Starting at: $2.99
V5 Smart Cables allow robot components such as motors and sensors to communicate with the Robot Brain. These are available to purchase at pre-cut short and long assortments, or create your own custom length wires with the V5 Crimping tool!
The beauty of a reliable radio connection, in a small simple package. The V5 Robot Radio allows your V5 Robot Brain to communicate with other devices. All wireless communication to the V5 Robot Brain is done through the V5 Robot Radio, including competition control and wireless activation of VEX Coding Studio programs.
- VEXnet 3.0 supports 500 simultaneous robot channels
- Capable of wirelessly connecting to Bluetooth® enabled devices
- LED indicator for linked, scanning and active modes
The VEXnet System Bundle contains everything you need to get started controlling a VEX robot using the VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller.
- (1) VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller
- (1) VEXnet Joystick
- (2) VEXnet Key 2.0
- (1) VEXnet Backup Battery Holder
- (1) USB A-A Cable
The VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller coordinates the flow of information and power on the robot. All other electronic system components must interface to the Microcontroller.
- STMicroelectronics ARM® Cortex® M3 user processor
- (8) Standard 3-wire Motor ports
- (2) 2-wire Motor ports
- More than 20 sensor inputs and outputs
- Programmable with easyC v4 or ROBOTC for VEX Robotics v4.x
Starting at: $29.99
It might be hard to drive your robot without a controller. The VEXnet Joystick allows a human operator to control their robot in real time. Similar to many video game controllers, the VEXnet Joystick features 8 face buttons, as well as 4 "trigger" buttons.
The VEXnet Key 2.0 provides wireless communication between VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller and VEXnet Joysticks. This key utilizes the new VEXnet 2.0 communication protocol over a custom 2.4 GHz data radio.
- Works with the VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller
- Uses VEXnet 2.0 communication protocol over 2.4 GHz data radio
- Rubber fins help retain key once installed
Plug a VEXnet Joystick into a Partner Joystick for advanced robot control. The VEX Robotics Competition allows two drivers per team on the field using this setup.
- Connects the VEXnet Joystick to a Partner Joystick.
- 18" long unextended. 12 feet long stretched.
Use the VEX Power Expander to add a secondary power source for four of the PWM outputs on the VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller.
- Attach a 2nd battery to your robot
- Power up to four (4) Motors or Servos
- Reduce motor load on primary battery
- Run your robot for longer!
Discontinued. Available while supplies last.
Ruggedized bumpers allow the switch to be triggered by large impacts without sustaining damage, such as when a robot bumps into a wall.
- Provide feedback to microcontroller as events "happen"
- Rugged bumpers allow switch to be triggered without damage
- Useful as a trigger in a variety of applications
- Functionality is pre-programmed in the VEX Microcontroller
The VEXnet Backup Battery allows you to mount and connect (1) 9V battery. This battery keep VEXnet alive when the main battery fails.
- Works with the VEXnet Upgrade
- Works with the VEX Cortex Microcontroller.
- Works with the VEX ARM9 Microcontroller.
These switches are great for signaling when a robot arm has reached the top or bottom of its motion.
- Bendable sheet metal switch "arm" is very versatile
- Useful as a trigger in a variety of applications
- Functionality is pre-programmed in the VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller
This 12" battery extension cable allows for greater flexibility in robot design. Now you can design a battery compartment into your robot regardless of where the microcontroller is mounted.
- Designed for either of the VEX 7.2V Robot Batteries
- Mounting plate makes a permanent battery fixture easy
Out of Stock; Backorder will Ship No Sooner than November 5th
Avoid obstacles and measure distances with the ultrasonic range finder. Device emits a high-frequency sound wave that alerts the robot to things in its path.
- Measure distances from 1.5in to 115in
- Detect obstacles using high frequency sound waves
Enhances autonomous movement and feedback from a VEX robot by detecting a robot’s rotation from its origin on a single axis.
- Single-axis gyroscopic sensor
- Detects a rotation of up to + / - 1000 degrees per second
- Connects to analog inputs on VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller
Measures accelerations on three axes simultaneously. By measuring the acceleration of the robot, one can calculate the velocity of the robot or the distance this robot has traveled. Accelerometers are also great for detecting collisions and determining if the robot is stopped or moving.
- Three Axis Accelerometer
- Selectable sensitivity via jumper: ±2g and ±6g
- LED indicated power and proper connection
Turn night into day with this powerful 4-LED flashlight. It draws power directly from the VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller. Switch it on, and see in the dark. Easy to mount up off your robot using the included threaded standoffs.
- No Batteries Required
- On/Off Switch Control
- Receives Power from a VEX Motor Port
These wire retaining clips are upgrades for the standard microcontroller clips and are designed to secure wires in a competitive robotics environment.
- (3) clips included.
- Zip-tie wires into place to ensure secure connections.
- Zip-ties not included.
The Programming Hardware Kit provides a connection between your PC and a VEX microcontroller. When used with the VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller, the programming cable allows the user to monitor sensor values, perform live debugging of the code, and execute wireless downloads between the microcontroller & PC.
- (1) Programming Module
- (1) USB A-A Cable 6 ft.
- (1) RJ12 6-pin cable 3 ft.
Starting at: $19.99
Out of stockThe VEX 75 MHz Control System is the old system used to control robots. Robots were controlled by a radio link, and controllers could be tethered to one another to allow for a second driver.
This system is no longer legal in the VEX Robotics Competition.