Take your VEX EDR robot to the next level with the V5 System Bundle. This bundle includes everything you need to get started with V5, and is engineered to provide the most advanced robotics experience, right at your fingertips.
- Designed to scale from the classroom to the competition field
- Includes all necessary components to get started with the V5 System
- (4) V5 Smart Motors included
- Scalable programming software suite available with VEXcode
The Inertial Sensor is a combination of a 3-axis (X,Y, and Z) accelerometer and a 3-axis gyroscope. The accelerometer measures linear acceleration of the robot (including gravity), while the gyroscope electronically measures the rate of rotation about the V5 inertial sensor three-axis.
The combination of these two devices in one sensor allows for effective and accurate navigation, as well as controlling any change in the motion of a robot.
Everything starts with the V5 Robot Brain. Students and teachers can now run programs, troubleshoot their robot and get important feedback in real-time. Smart Ports automatically detect the type of connected device and handle motors and sensors interchangeably.
Other features include:
- 4.25” full color touch-screen
- Dashboards provide real-time diagnostics
- 21 Smart Ports
- Eight 3-Wire ports for analog and digital sensors
- Download programs wirelessly
- Programmable with VEX Coding Studio
Control your robot like never before with the cutting-edge V5 Controller. This controller packages two analog joysticks and 12 buttons into a familiar video-game style design. A rechargeable battery ensures enough charge to get you through multiple class periods or a full day of competition.
Other features include:
- LCD Screen for real-time information
- Start and stop programs from the controller
- Programmable haptic feedback
- Competition practice mode - sync up with other robots and run practice matches
- Built-in VEXnet 3.0 radio and Bluetooth®
- Integrated rechargeable battery
The V5 Robot Battery Li-Ion 1100mAh is the next evolution of the VEX EDR NiMh Battery. This Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery is equipped with circuitry and control to allow for higher sustained power and more reliable function. The V5 System as a whole is designed to produce identical motor performance at any battery charge level. This means that the same battery can be used for multiple competition matches or class periods before needing to be recharged. LiFePO4 batteries are proven to offer longer life cycles, and are safer than Lithium Ion batteries.
- Built-in charge indicator lights
- Charge time is approximately one hour Note: Battery power cable and charger not included. (Power cable ships with V5 Robot Brain) Note: Click Here for important information about shipping Li-Ion batteries to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico
Starting at: $9.99
The V5 Smart Motor is more than twice as powerful as the 2-Wire motor 393, and puts an integrated encoder and a motor controller into one compact package. Customize speed and torque with interchangeable gear cartridges.
- Use the built-in encoder to track a robot's rotational position and velocity
- Ships with the standard gear cartridge of 18:1 (200 RPM)
- Cartridges for 36:1 (100 RPM) & 6:1 (600 RPM) are also available
- Compatible with both VEX EDR shaft sizes
The beauty of a reliable radio connection, in a small simple package. The V5 Robot Radio allows your V5 Robot Brain to communicate with other devices. All wireless communication to the V5 Robot Brain is done through the V5 Robot Radio, including competition control and wireless activation of VEX Coding Studio programs.
- VEXnet 3.0 supports 500 simultaneous robot channels
- Capable of wirelessly connecting to Bluetooth® enabled devices
- LED indicator for linked, scanning and active modes
Give your driver the chance to see things from the robot's perspective. The Vision Sensor is capable of detecting up to 7 colors at once, including multi-colored objects. Connect a phone or tablet to the V5 Robot Brain through built-in WiFi to stream a live feed of your robot's view to your device.Other features include:
- Tracks up to seven individual colors at once
- Analyze objects for advanced tracking and path planning
- Built-in Wi-Fi radio
- Compatible with VEX IQ (coming soon)
Starting at: $3.49
V5 Smart Cables allow robot components such as motors and sensors to communicate with the Robot Brain. These are available to purchase at pre-cut short and long assortments, or create your own custom length wires with the V5 Crimping tool!