The VEXpro ARM9 Microcontroller is a redesign of the popular Qwerk microcontroller as a result of a collaboration between VEX and Charmed Labs. The ARM9 Microcontroller is designed to be used by advanced users.
The ARM9 Microcontroller uses standard 802.11b/g communication. This will allow (with programming) highly configurable communication to PC's and wireless networks. The Carnegie Mellon Telepresence Robot Kit (TeRK) project provides a powerful feature to the ARM9 Microcontroller allowing robot control and video feedback across the internet. The controller can be operated from PC and Linux machines.
The VEXpro ARM9 Microcontroller requires a 7.2V Robot Battery, a VEXnet USB Adapter Key and a PC running Windows or Linux.
NOTE: The VEXpro ARM9 Microcontroller is not compatible with the VEXnet Key 2.0.
A USB A to mini B cable (sold separately) is required to configure Wifi encryption and to update firmware.
- Kit Contents
(1) VEXpro ARM9 Microcontroller
- Docs & Downloads
- Battery Info
- Voltage: 7.2 volts nominal, 5 to 12 volts min/max.
- Type: Six AA batteries or 7.2V Robot Battery
- Current: 330mA nominal, 500mA maximum for Controller & Receiver plus Motors, Servos & VEXnet
- I/O Ports
(12) 3-wire Motor Outputs
- Usage: For 3-wire VEX motors, Motor Controller 29s or servos
- Type: Hobby standard PWM
- Refresh: Every 18.5 mSec
(4) 2-wire Motor Outputs
- Usage: For 2-wire VEX motors
- Type: H-Bridge
- Refresh: Every 1 mSec
(1) I2C "Smart Sensor" Port
- Usage: Future I2C Products
(1) UART Serial Port
- Usage: VEX LCD Module
(16) 12-bit Analog Inputs
- Analog In: 12-bit resolution. 10 μSec access time.
(16) Fast Digital I/O (can be used as interrupts)
- Digital In: 150 kHz input frequency.
(1) Internal Speaker
- Usage: Output sound, voice and music
(2) USB Ports
- Usage: For connecting USB devices (including VEXnet USB Adapter Key)
(1) USB mini-B Port
- Usage: Allows access to the VEXPro's main Linux console
- Speed: 220 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second)
- RAM: 32MB SDRAM
- Flash: 16MB program space
.66 lbs (299 grams)
4.25in W x 6.5in L x 1.25in H
- Other Info
- Programming - Linux 2.6 (Openembedded)