It's sometimes just not possible to orient a gearbox in the preferred orientation. By “folding” the motor back on your VersaPlanetary gearbox, we’ve found a way to cut the length of your VersaPlanetary-plus-motor assembly in half.
For an easy, off the shelf solution, you can use the 180 degree gusset kit and its associated GT2 belts and pulleys. Or, you also have the option of buying the standalone 180 degree drive block to integrate into custom designs.
New for 2019
The VersaPlanetary 90° Drive Kit allows you to drive two perpendicular shafts from the same gearbox, making two-dimensional intakes and conveyors easier than ever. The 90° Drive can go anywhere inside the VersaPlanetary stack, giving you the ability to choose the physical placement of the motor.
In addition, the bevel gears in the VersaPlanetary 90° Drive are made from the same high quality steel the existing VEXpro bevel gears are made from. These are the same gears teams have been using in their swerve drives for years.
The VersaDM can be used as a dual motor input for the VersaPlanetary and VersaPlanetary Lite. Unlike the old Dual Motor Input, the VersaDM Gearbox uses a ‘universal motor mounting’ design that allows one mounting pattern to mount RS-550, RS-775 and BAG motors.
It comes in two different styles: an enclosed version with a super lightweight plastic housing, and an open plate version with pocketed aluminum sideplates, similar to West Coast Products gearboxes.
The VersaDM Gearbox allows you to choose between 3 different gear ratios: 1:1, 3.75:1 and 5.33:1. The ability to pick a gear ratio AND be an input to the VersaPlanetary means that you can not only eliminate an entire stage from your VersaPlanetary, but also the input block. This means your VP Gearboxes will be smaller and lighter than ever before.
The ultimate FIRST ® Robotics Competition drivetrain gearbox. Ball-lock shifter enables seamless “on-the-fly” shifting at full speed in a compact, light & durable package.
- Use with one, two, or three CIM-style motors
- Configurable Reduction & Shifter Spread Options
- Designed specifically for the FIRST Robotics Competition, Battle Tested by Champions
Modular planetary gearbox system designed specifically for use by FIRST ® Robotics Competition teams. The easiest way to put power where you need it in your design.
- Adapts a variety of FIRST ® Robotics Competition motors (BAG, MiniCIM, RS-550, 775 Series, AM-9015, and CIM)
- 4 output shaft options make integration easy
- Six different planetary stages provide dozens of gearing options from 3:1 to 100:1
The VersaPlanetary Lite takes everything you know and love about the VersaPlanetary V2, and puts it into a lightweight plastic form factor. The VersaPlanetary Lite is perfect for the FIRST®Tech Challenge, and low-stress FIRST® Robotics Competition applications.
The VersaPlanetary Lite uses a plastic housing and ring gear, and the existing gear sets from the VersaPlanetary. One of its cooler features is that you can mix and match components from the original VersaPlanetary, and the VersaPlanetary Lite. For example, you could use a plastic input and output with a metal ring gear, or a metal input and output with a plastic ring gear.
Ratchet wrenches should be used to build your robot, not built into them. This simple add-on slice allows you to make any VersaPlanetary gearbox drive in only one direction.
Unlike a ratcheting wrench, we’ve designed the VersaPlanetary Ratchet Slice to be as easy to release as possible. Just take the load off the ratchet, press the button, and the VersaPlanetary will spin in both directions again. Release the button, and the VersaPlanetary goes back to ratcheting.
Inside, the ratchet itself is symmetrical. This means you can decide which direction the VersaPlanetary spins just by flipping the pawl. No need to completely disassemble your entire VersaPlanetary to change directions!
The VersaPlanetary Universal Female Output Shaft Kit allows users to drive a variety of shafts directly from the Gearbox. This allows users to create custom length output shafts that are longer than a standard set length.
This kit also includes adapters for three various shaft sizes:
- 1/2" Hex
- 3/8" Hex
- 1/4" Square
This 2-stage, single speed gearbox is designed from the ground up to be one of the most versatile and easily adaptable gearboxes in the marketplace.
- Option for integration into West-Coast Style Drivetrain (includes chassis bearing block)
- Five Gear Ratio Options Available, with no changes to plates
- Designed to Direct Drive any VEXpro or WCP wheel
- Extra Long Shaft can be cut to desired length
The West Coast Products DS Gearbox is the lightest Dog-Style shifting gearbox on the market. Like all West Coast Products items this gearbox is easily adaptable into a West-Coast style drivetrain, or into a conventional skid steer drivetrain.
- Options for either two or three CIM-style motor inputs
- Standard output or specializedspecialised West Coast Drive Mounting (includes WCD bearing block)
- Extended length output shaft can be cut by teams to match their configuration
- Mount to VersaChassis & direct drive any WCP or VEXpro wheel
Two stage gearboxes with reduction up to 9.52:1
- 2 CIM Motors
- Housing is completely enclosed
- Compatible with US Digital Encoder (all hardware included)
- Compatible with Grayhill Encoder (coupler required)
- AGMA 11 quality gears with teflon infused ceramic coating
The CIM-ile gives teams the ability to emulate the RPM and mounting pattern of the popular CIM motor using two smaller motors in a compact, lightweight package. The precision VEXpro gears and glass-filled nylon housing create a system that is “similar” to a CIM and can be used with any gearbox or drive where a CIM would be used.
- Accepts RS-550 or 775 Series motors
- Single spur reduction to minimize size and weight
- Can be used anywhere a CIM would be used
The Single Reduction Clamping Gearbox achieves versatility through its simplicity. This gearbox uses four bolts to clamp onto a piece of 1" x 2" VersaFrame tube - no precision machining needed. Once mounted, it mounts a CIM-style motor offset from a bearing block on a perfect 84-tooth gear spacing. Use this efficient setup to drive an upper mechanism with ease, or combine multiple gearboxes to create a smooth-running, lightweight VersaChassis.
- Simple design for quick assembly and maintenance
- Variety of gearing options
- Combines with the Plastic Bearing Block for a second stage reduction