Wheels & Hubs
Starting at: $4.99
Colson Performa wheels are some of the most widely used and recognizable wheels in large-scale competition robotics. Originally designed for industrial material handling applications, their ideal balance of traction and durability make them a natural fit for our uniquely demanding environment.
When VEX Robotics engineers combined their experience on the playing field with Colson Caster's top wheel designers, the result was simple and effective: light-weight VEXpro hex hubs molded directly into the same Colson molds that teams have been using for years.
- Durable, high-traction wheels
- Wide variety of sizes fit in any application
- Integrated plastic hex hubs
Starting at: $4.99
Developed in collaboration with West Coast Products, Straight Flex Wheels are for use with intakes, conveyor systems and shooters.
Flex Wheels are made of a super tough custom blend of silicone rubber - different than any other flexible or compliant wheel currently used by FTC or FRC teams. Each of our four wheel diameters are offered in 3 different durometers: the super soft 30A in light gray, the medium hardness 40A in dark gray and the hardest 60A in black. The varying hardnesses can be used to change the traction and compliance of your mechanism.
The 1-5/8" and 2” diameter wheels have a 9mm hex, which is meant to be stretched on to a 1/2" hex shaft. The 3” and larger wheels have a 1” bore, which can be stretched over a VersaHub so they can be driven by a hex shaft, VersaPulley or plate sprocket. This also allows you to stretch these wheels over a VersaRoller tube to create a strong and lightweight roller.
Starting at: $5.99
VersaWheels offer superior traction performance while maintaining an accessible price point. The integrated VersaKey pattern allows for the mounting of sprockets or gears on each side of the wheel without additional VersaHubs. VersaWheel DTs come with an optional 1/2" hex bore, which allows for direct-drive of the wheel without any additional hub.
- Custom "W" tread pattern is specifically designed for FIRST ® Robotics Competition carpet
- VersaWheel DT's feature a diamond tread pattern for greater wear resistance
VEXpro Traction Wheels are designed to be the ultimate in versatility and performance. These wheels include the VEXpro VersaKey mounting system, which ensures every sprocket, hub, and gear are perfectly piloted -- no more wobbly sprockets!
- Ships assembled in 1" configuration
- Includes hardware for 1.5” and 2” wide configurations
- Customize with VEXpro Tread
Starting at: $2.99
VEXpro VersaHubs provide frustration-free torque transfer between wheels, gears, sprockets, and shafts.
VersaHubs include the innovative VersaKey mounting system -- VersaKeys transfer torque between coaxial items, and also ensure everything is piloted correctly.
Note: ThunderHex should not be used with plastic hubs in high torque applications.
Starting at: $9.99
WCP Colson Hubs are the quickest and easiest way to integrate a Colson solid-core rubber wheel into an FRC drivetrain. Colson Live hubs enable a direct drive system via a powered hex shaft (like in the VersaChassis), and Colson Dead hubs allow the wheels to be powered by a sprocket, pulley, or gear using the VersaKey pattern.
- Colson Dead Hubs are VersaKey compatible
- Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Black anodizedanodised for superior performance
Starting at: $14.99
VEXpro is happy to offer 10-foot lengths of some more traditional FRC wheel tread; Roughtop and Wedgetop. Originally created as incline conveyor belting, these two tread types have been in heavy use by FRC teams for almost 15 years.
- High traction rubber tread with a fiberglass reinforced base
- Compatible with VEXpro Traction Wheels and many other wheel types
- Attach with rivets or screws (not included)
Starting at: $17.99
Omni-Directional wheels roll forward like normal wheels, but slide sideways with almost no friction (no skidding during turns). Use these wheels to make your robot turn smoothly or build a holonomic drivetrain.
- Glass-filled Nylon Body
- Compatible with VersaHubs
- Custom rollers for each wheel ensure a round wheel and smooth ride.
Ships fully assembled.
Starting at: $29.99
Mecanum wheels allow savvy robot designers to create drivetrains capable of moving in any direction using a standard chassis shape. Simply power each wheel with a different motor and change the directions the wheels spin to get your robot to move in different directions!
- Glass-filled Nylon Body, ABS-PC Roller Mounts, Rubber Rollers
- Compatible with VersaHubs
- Custom rollers for each wheel ensure a round wheel and smooth ride
6" & 8" wheels ship fully assembled.
Starting at: $15.99
Replacement roller mounts with rollers attached for the 4", 6", and 8" Mecanum Wheels.
- 4" Kits contain (6) replacements (one full wheel)
- 6" Kits contain (5) replacements (half of one wheel)
- 8" Kits contain (7) replacements (half of one wheel)