ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.x (VEX Cortex & VEX IQ)
ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.x allows users to program both the VEX Cortex and the VEX IQ robotics platforms. ROBOTC users learn key skills that easily transition to the real world, industry standard C-Programming languages used by professional engineers and computer scientists.
Robot programming software options are available with VEX kits and bundles at no extra charge!
ROBOTC has a similar look and feel as the programming environments used in the computer science industries, but also includes many useful tools that help beginner programmers to get up and running as quickly as possible:
- All new Graphical Natural Language editor to easily program VEX IQ and VEX Cortex robots.
- Graphical Natural Language mode allows beginners to use simplified commands such as “Forward”, “LineTrack”, and “Repeat” loops.
- The easy to use ROBOTC editor includes smart code indenting, automatic code completion, code formatting, and other tools to make programming even easier
- Program robots using industry standard C-programming
- ROBOTC’s real-time debugger allows users to run code line-by-line and monitor values on sensors, motors, and encoders in real time..
- Over 200 included documented Sample Programs with extensive documentation, enabling students to immediately begin programming.
- Free web-based curriculum available for VEX Cortex and VEX IQ provided by Robomatter.
- ROBOTC also allows you to prototype your code in simulation environments using Robot Virtual Worlds. A ROBOTC for VEX Robot Virtual Worlds license is required.
More information about ROBOTC for VEX Robotics can be found in this document by Robomatter, Inc (PDF).
- Drag-and-drop GUI
- C-language Source Code Editor
- C-language grammar correction
- Transmitter Configurator
- Wireless Downloading
- Wireless Debugging
- Real-time Debugger
- Single Step Debugging
- Online control of motors, sensors
- Sound Output
- Online Help
- Context Sensitive Help
- Programming Tutorials
- Video Tutorials
- Free Phone Support
- Forum Support
- eMail Support
- Windows 7 and later
- Mac (When running virtualization)
Upgrades are available for existing ROBOTC for Cortex and PIC 3.X users until June 1st, 2014 – Users are eligible for a free or discounted (50% off) upgrade, depending on original purchase date. For more details on upgrades, visit the ROBOTC online storefront.
Additionally, ROBOTC has released a completely free downloadable version of ROBOTC for the PIC Microcontroller. Visit https://www.robotc.net/ for more details!
For help with the ROBOTC software - installing, licensing, operation, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org for our online ticketing system or call directly to Robomatter/ROBOTC at 412-212-6677.