Smart Motor & Gear Cartridges
The V5 Smart Motor is more than twice as powerful as the 2-Wire motor 393, and puts an integrated encoder and a motor controller into one compact package. Customize speed and torque with interchangeable gear cartridges.
- Use the built-in encoder to track a robot's rotational position and velocity
- Compatible with both VEX V5 shaft sizes
The motor runs at a slightly lower voltage than the batteries minimum voltage, and the motor's power is accurately controlled to +/-1%. This means the motor will perform the same for every match and every autonomous run regardless of battery charge or motor temperature.
Ships with a standard [200 RPM, 18:1] gear cartridge. 36:1 (100 RPM) and 6:1 (600 RPM) cartridges are also available for individual purchase.
Mechanisms such as flywheels and arms do not need large external gear ratios when the driving motor is already outputting a targeted output speed or torque. Therefore, changing internal gear ratios to fit specific needs allows more efficient and compact mechanisms to be designed. Use the clear window of the V5 Smart Motor to identify one of three user-changeable colored gear cartridges:
- 36:1 (100 RPM) - High torque, low speed. Great for robot arms and lifting heavy objects
- 18:1 (200 RPM) - Standard gear ratio for drive train applications
- 6:1 (600 RPM) - Low torque, high speed. Best used for intake rollers, flywheels, or other fast moving mechanisms
Note: The V5 Smart Motor uses M1.8 x 16mm screws to hold the casing together. Use a PH1 Phillips bit to remove them.
- (1) V5 Smart Motor w/ 18:1 Gear Cartridge
- (1) V5 Motor 36:1 Cartridge (100 RPM)
- (1) V5 Motor 18:1 Cartridge (200 RPM)
- (1) V5 Motor 6:1 Cartridge (600 RPM)
- (1) V5 Smart Motor Cap
- (4) V5 Smart Motor Screw
- (2) V5 Smart Motor #8-32 Threaded Inserts
- (10) V5 Smart Motor #8-32 Threaded Inserts