V5 Robot Brain
Everything starts with the V5 Robot Brain. Students and teachers can now run programs, troubleshoot their robot and get important feedback in real-time. Smart Ports automatically detect the type of connected device and handle motors and sensors interchangeably.
Other features include:
- 4.25” full color touch-screen
- Dashboards provide real-time diagnostics
- 21 Smart Ports
- Eight 3-Wire ports for analog and digital sensors
- Download programs wirelessly
- Programmable with VEXcode
The V5 Robot Brain allows for "on the fly" device connection and port swapping. Legacy VEX EDR Sensors and Motors are also supported through eight 3-Wire ports.
Select from one of eight user downloaded programs, or run device diagnostics and configuration for real-time feedback, all right from the brain.
The V5 Robot Brain can be mounted in a variety of ways. The brain can be attached to the robot via four 8-32 mounting inserts on the bottom of the brain, or through detachable mounting flanges.
The V5 Robot Brain uses a Cortex A9 processor in tandem with a FPGA to create a device that is 15x faster than the its predecessor. The V5 Robot Brain also has expanded memory, and additional storage for user programs.
1. A Field-programmable gate array (FPGA) is an electronic component used to build reconfigurable digital circuits. The V5 Brain uses the FPGA for touch screen inputs, screen layering, 60 Hz screen refreshing, timers, and the 21 smart ports.
- (1) V5 Robot Brain
- (1) Magnetic Screen Protector
- (1) V5 Power Cable
- (2) Attachment Flanges (Long)
- (2) Attachment Flanges (Short)
Click the button next to a file to view it in your browser.